PRICE: $999.99 APPLICATION: 2013 HONDA CRF450R
WHAT IT IS
The Factory 4.1 RCT (Resonance Chamber Technology) system for the new Honda 2013 CRF450R is available in both dual and single-sided versions. The dual version we tested maintains the short, tucked in style of the OEM mufflers, to remain in line with Honda’s improved-handling claims of the dual muffler design. Featuring all-titanium construction with carbon fiber end caps, the system weighs less than the stock system.
• As always, the fit and finish of the system is beautiful, and the pipe bolts up perfectly.
• The titanium system cuts a full two pounds off the bike (8.6 lbs. vs. the 10.6 lb. stock system).
• Improved throttle response, right off idle
• Even more low-end snap than stock
• Abundant torque throughout the rpm range with no dips in power
• Stronger midrange punch
• Top-end power is about the same as stock.
• Muffler decals can be damaged with an aggressive power washer (maybe FMF should supply extras).
The FMF Factory 4.1 RCT Full Dual System for the 2013 Honda CRF450R cuts weight, adds power, and costs a couple hundred dollars less than other systems made of the same materials. And for 200 dollars less, they offer a single-sided system that cuts an additional two pounds and produces even more power! The choice is yours...