Favorite driver's magazines

"Four Wheel", March 1, 2013

READER RANT

WHAT CLUB?

I haven’t gotten my first issue from you yet (new subscriber), so I bought the July issue. I wonder if I made a mistake buying your mag — or buying a new Jeep with an automatic. In the In Box department are a couple of guys who don’t care for JKs. The fellow that wrote “It’s a Wave Thing” seems most upset with the likes of me and others who drive automatics.

I started in Jeeps with a ’75 DJ-5 — very modified — with a 727 automatic and two-wheel drive. It got me to every dried-up old town/fire trail the other guys wanted to go to. I waved in it, and I wave in my 2-month-old JK. (I may miss a wave sometime when I’m dodging a rental Taurus next to me.) My new JK will be modified over the years, but you know, it really is a Jeep. If because it’s not a “straight shift” I can’t be in the club, so be it. However, because 4-Wheel & Off-Road is about more than Jeep stick shifts — Fords, Toyota, Chevy, and so on — I’m sure I’ll learn about new ideas (even if I am a 73-year-old broad with bad knees).

JANIS

P.S You can stop laughing now.

Thanks, Janis. We are still chuckling. You are spot on: Everyone should be in the off-road club regardless of what they drive or how it’s outfitted. That is what makes us Americans. Thanks for pointing it out, and keep on wheelin’!

Welcome to BrowseMags.com

Welcome to browsemags.com, a place where you can find a great selection of most popular driver’s magazines.

The website is dedicated to those who love driving fast cars and bikes.

All the content is submitted by our readers. Feel free to send us your favorite magazines.