Favorite driver's magazines

"Fast Bikes", May 1, 2013

CHRISTIAN IDDON

PIC: KEL EDGE, MV AGUSTA, PARKINGO

How did the deal come about?

It was a case of being in the right place at the right time. I had offers for British supersport and superbike, but racing in a world championship was always my goal. It didn’t at first look like it was going to happen, but then I did the Simoncelli Supermoto gig in Italy at the end of 2012. I got talking to Giuliano there and when I got home he called and offered me the ride. It was so hard to believe that I called him again the following day just to make sure I hadn’t dreamt it!

What’s it like racing for MV?

MV has such a racing pedigree so it’s great to be involved with them. They have been out of racing for quite a while, but they are very serious about competing at the highest level. The other day I even got to meet the great Ago (Giacomo Agostini). It was a real honour and he was such a nice guy too.

How is the team?

I have three great guys on my side of the garage, they’re awesome. We got on straight away which is really important. Their technical ability is unquestionable and the team as a whole is really close. I got on really well with Robby too. He’s fast and great to work with. We shared information and ideas, and we will work well together to get the best from the bike.

And the future?

I am fully aware of what a huge opportunity I have been given and I am so grateful to Giuliano and MV for their belief in me. I really hope I can repay their faith in me. MV also has a really good 1000cc bike so maybe superbike could be in the plan. ParkinGO has success in both classes so I’m sure either way it will be great. As for the supersport project, I hope it will culminate in the world title and hopefully it will be me sat on top of it when that happens. I know the bike has the potential to achieve that and we have the best team to unlock it.

Welcome to BrowseMags.com

Welcome to browsemags.com, a place where you can find a great selection of most popular driver’s magazines.

The website is dedicated to those who love driving fast cars and bikes.

All the content is submitted by our readers. Feel free to send us your favorite magazines.