ANDY | KAWASAKI ZX-6R

THIS MONTH I HAVE MOSTLY BEEN... “Saying farewell...”

Fagan onboard testing the Dymags round the historic Castle Combe

TIME ON TEST: 12 MONTHS (FBK 262)

05248 ODOMETER MILES

BHP: 113

GAIN: 8

NEXT AIM: RIDE IT BACK

Well folks, the call from the big green fat controller came in this month. Yep, she’s got to go. Kawasaki want its bike back. I can understand, it doesn’t belong to me...

It’s been a great 12 months, within which I haven’t ever tried to hide the fact that I love this machine. Every ride, come sun, wind, rain or sleet has been bathed in a glorious emotive response from my grey matter.

Left standard, and the outgoing model of the Kawasaki ZX-6R will reward you gallantly. Throw a few choice mods in the mix and you won’t ever want to get off it.

By far and away the most effective (and most expensive), were the Dymag wheels. Transforming the bike beyond comparison, the money in my opinion is well justified. The bike ended up with a beautifully crafted Yoshimura end can, retaining build quality and attention to detail you won’t see in too many other places. Before this, though, came a Scorpion can. It’s a totally different kettle of fish, but it gave impressive results for a lovely little price tag.

Fuelling for the Yoshi was sorted through an ever-faithful Power Commander IV, while controls and pegs were slickened up with ASV and Promach respectively. All worked perfectly.

That’s enough of the chat, here’s a few photos to go with the memories of the year... Thanks, Kawasaki.

Price from new: £8,599

Insurance group: 15

Modifications | Price

ASV levers | £173.00

GB Racing protection | £167.00

Bridgestone R10 tyres | £265.00

Dymag carbon wheels | £2,600.00

Kawasaki screen | £82.95

Kawasaki seat cover | £160.95

Power Commander V | £334.98

Scorpion RP-1 GP can | £499.00

Yoshimura R-11 | £682.00

Promach rearsets | £355.00

Dunlop GP 211 tyres | £200.00

RUNNING TOTAL | £5,759.88

Welcome to BrowseMags.com

Welcome to browsemags.com, a place where you can find a great selection of most popular driver’s magazines.

The website is dedicated to those who love driving fast cars and bikes.

All the content is submitted by our readers. Feel free to send us your favorite magazines.