Favorite driver's magazines

"Fast Bikes", April 1, 2013

TRAIN TO WIN

How mountain biking can help you in compete in MotoGP.

PIC: JAMES WHINLATTER

1. LEGS

“You hardly sit down at all on a MotoGP bike. Having strong legs and lower back helps make weight changes easier and keeps your riding more consistent across a race distance.”

2. ARMS

“When descending on a trail bike, you use all the muscles you use under braking on a motorbike. It’s all shoulders, abs and arms. These have to be strong enough to support your entire body weight when going from 200mph down to 30mph lap after lap. In this respect, mountain biking is a lot more helpful than road cycling.”

3. RECOVERY

“After a race weekend, everything aches. Getting out on the bike on a Monday for a gentle spin helps loosen everything up and helps me mentally relax too. If I can get out for that ride, it can reduce my recovery down to three days. That’s a big benefit with the back-to-back races in the middle of the season.”

4. SPEED

“Going fast on a push-bike still feels fast despite some of the speeds that we get up to in MotoGP. There’s no engine braking, it’s all gravity and I do manage to have some pretty decent crashes.”

This is abridged from a feature in MBUK.

Welcome to BrowseMags.com

Welcome to browsemags.com, a place where you can find a great selection of most popular driver’s magazines.

The website is dedicated to those who love driving fast cars and bikes.

All the content is submitted by our readers. Feel free to send us your favorite magazines.