Favorite driver's magazines

"Fast Bikes", April 1, 2013

IAN BROWN’S 2008 KTM 1190 RC8

Would you swap a GSX-R1000 and a Tuono to build the ultimate KTM RC8? Ian Brown did...

PHOTOGRAPHY: JOBY SESSIONS

“The bike started life as a 2008 RC8. I found it at GT Motorcycles in Plymouth, saw it, decided I liked it, then went back to pick it up. I live in Leeds...

The previous owner had turned the bike shiny orange from the matt paintwork, and also added some Akrapovic parts. When the bike went in for some recall work at Colin Appleyards that’s when the addiction started.

There was a recall on the pistons and cams, so that was all done at Colin Appleyards. That alone made it smoother and it worked well with the full system.

FTR Suspension revalved the shock and forks to make it much more compliant on the road – although I felt it needed more. So another trip to FTR saw an Öhlins TTX36 shock and WP closed cartridge kit get fitted.

With a load of cosmetic bits on top the bill is around £15,000 – don’t tell my wife that! It’s been my obsession for the last three years, and I consider it to be the ultimate RC8 for the road. All it needs now is a set of Dymag wheels!

MODIFICATIONS

IAN BROWN’S 2008 KTM RC8

PERFORMANCE

Akrapovic full titanium system and remap

K&N air filter

RC8R oil cooler/radiator

Samco hoses

CHASSIS

WP closed fork cartridge kit

Öhlins TTX36 shock

TWM folding levers

Akrapovic rearsets

Gi-Pro gear indicator

KTM throttle cam

R&G Racing crash protection

AESTHETICS

Akrapovic carbon fibre mudguard

Akrapovic carbon fibre hugger

Akrapovic carbon fibre tank protectors

Akrapovic carbon fibre undertray

Ventureshield paint protection

Welcome to BrowseMags.com

Welcome to browsemags.com, a place where you can find a great selection of most popular driver’s magazines.

The website is dedicated to those who love driving fast cars and bikes.

All the content is submitted by our readers. Feel free to send us your favorite magazines.