Favorite driver's magazines

"Dirt Rider", March 1, 2013

SIX TIPS FOR IRONMANNING THE 24 HOUR

Michael Allen

Photo By Adam Booth, Chris Denison, Karel Kramer And Eric Narvaez

1. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! The whole week before the race I drank at least a gallon of water per day, and just before the race I downed a large bottle of Pedialyte.

2. Make sure the bike is 100 percent prepped. Fresh oil, oil filter and air filter, lubed chain, correct tire pressure, checking every nut and bolt and never forgetting to check the sag are all key.

3. Take it easy during the first few hours of the race. A 24-hour event isn’t won in the first turn (I know, I crashed in the first turn), it’s won in the last few hours. So wait and set into a solid pace and put in consistent laps.

4. Make sure everyone in your pit knows their job. Have goggles set out and ready, and be sure they know which tank the gas goes in and which one the water goes in.

5. Be sure you’re eating the right kind of food during the race. I chose pasta salad, turkey sandwiches and various melons.

6. Last but not least, try your hardest to not stop for long periods of time. Don’t sit and rest, try to eat and keep riding. But most of all, have fun!

Welcome to BrowseMags.com

Welcome to browsemags.com, a place where you can find a great selection of most popular driver’s magazines.

The website is dedicated to those who love driving fast cars and bikes.

All the content is submitted by our readers. Feel free to send us your favorite magazines.