Favorite driver's magazines

"Dirt", December 1, 2012

ON THE START LINE

WHEN YOU ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY HAVE TO RACE RIGHT NOW

We’ve had plenty of experience on the KLX in both trail and race situations. Here are some insights from our time in competition.

It started a few years ago with a round in the NSW Sprint series. The rider was Mark Hargrave, a fast B-grade rider who’d only ridden the KLX450R in its stock trail trim.

Here’s what Mark had to say about the KLX in full race trim as supplied by Kawasaki, with KXF head and T4 pipe as well as revised suspension settings: “It felt nothing like the stocker, that’s for sure. We hit the motocross track as part of the loop and the suspension had no problems taking that on. I thought the engine would rip my arms off but while it was strong it wasn’t a crazy handful to control. I wouldn’t hesitate to race this for a season.”

Our man Greg Masters did plenty of racing on our project KLX and has nothing but good things to say about the green machine. His suspension was sorted by Axis Motorsports and the engine ran improved jetting and a Vance & Hines exhaust.

“If I had to pick one change that made the difference, it was the suspension. Once that was sorted I could ride the bike faster and get more from it. The Factory Connection hook-up through Axis Motorsports improved the handling, particularly in ruts and in tight technical stuff.

Welcome to BrowseMags.com

Welcome to browsemags.com, a place where you can find a great selection of most popular driver’s magazines.

The website is dedicated to those who love driving fast cars and bikes.

All the content is submitted by our readers. Feel free to send us your favorite magazines.