Favorite driver's magazines

"Baggers", September 1, 2012

20-VOLT MAX 3/8-INCH IMPACT WRENCH

TESTED BY: Jeff G. Holt

The DCF883 is the codename for one hell of a cordless wonder tool. A Lithium Ion powered 20-volt battery controls this compact-sized and rather lightweight (3.4-pound) tool. To tell you the truth, I was not too hip on cordless impacts until I cam across this unit and it made me a convert due to its 1,560lb-in/130lb-ft capability. I also liked the 3/8-inch hog ring anvil drive that made changing out sockets a thing of ease. Having this driver handy made removing the Loctite’d OEM bolts on my bagger a breeze and I didn’t have to torque every single bolt to red-hot like I do while using handtools.

The DCF883 is a workhouse, but also has a few bells and whistles, such as three separate LED lights that have a 20-second delay after the trigger is released. The other is a battery fuel gauge with three LED lights that lets a person know when the battery is going to die. These features are cool, but not needed and I’m not going to lie to you all fine folk, I did use them more and more with time.

dewalt.com

Welcome to BrowseMags.com

Welcome to browsemags.com, a place where you can find a great selection of most popular driver’s magazines.

The website is dedicated to those who love driving fast cars and bikes.

All the content is submitted by our readers. Feel free to send us your favorite magazines.