Favorite driver's magazines

"Baggers", June 1, 2012

COAST HP7 FLASHLIGHT

PHOTO: Jeff G. Holt

I hate fumbling around in the dark for gloves, keys and the like, but what I hate even more is whipping out a flashlight and having it give off little to no light when trying to look for things. Even in this current world of LEDs one needs to be wary that not all light emitting diodes are created equally. Coast has a good line of flashlights that are available at most “do it yourself” home centers. In its foray into high-performance flashlights, Coast has launched the HP7 model, which retails for $55.

This flashlight is a nice size (5½ inches long) that fits in a jacket pocket or in a tool bag. A quick cycle switch allows you to select between high-output (251 lumens) or low output (58 lumens), which is great for choosing just the right level of light. Another cool feature is Coast’s Pure Beam Focusing Optic System. With your fingertips you can keep the light’s beam consistency from spot to flood, with no dark rings like other focusing flashlights.

I have been really abusing this flashlight above and beyond what most any other human would do to it and the aluminum casing and LED both have shown to be tough as nails. It’s a great flashlight with gobs of white light that hasn’t let me down in any sort of way so far.

The HP7 takes four AAA batteries and my runtime tests have been pretty close to what Coast’s reported 5½ hours on high and 10 hours on low currently are. Another great thing is that the HP7 is backed by Coast’s lifetime guarantee against defects in materials and workmanship. coastportland.com

Welcome to BrowseMags.com

Welcome to browsemags.com, a place where you can find a great selection of most popular driver’s magazines.

The website is dedicated to those who love driving fast cars and bikes.

All the content is submitted by our readers. Feel free to send us your favorite magazines.