Favorite driver's magazines

"Baggers", June 1, 2012

HARLEY-DAVIDSON FXRG3 BOOT

PHOTO: Jeff G. Holt

Looking more like a tactical hiking boot than biker garb, Harley-Davidson’s Functional Riding Gear FXRG-3 boot ($210) pack lots of features into a single pair of footwear. I tested the FXRG-1 boot in the February 2010 issue of Baggers and both of us have grown. The boot has more features, better construction, and a nicer sole. And I have only gotten fatter.

The all-black stealth upper of the boot of the FXRG-3 is leather and Cordura outside with a breathable Gore-Tex membrane waterproof liner.

The inner sole possesses a removable dual-density polyurethane sock foot bed and is supported with some heavily buzz-worded sole technology dubbed ShockAbsorbers Twin Pad Comfort Technology with Goodyear welt construction.

I laced these boots up and wore them for a week of walking around before taking them on a two-wheeled run down to San Felipe, Mexico. I liked the initial fit and could tell that Wolverine boots did its homework when working with Harley-Davidson on this offering.

Now that the boots have been worn in they have been a mainstay of my riding essentials. Though we didn’t come in any contact with rain while in Mexico, I have drowned these boots more than a few times since then and have found them to be bone-dry inside under any condition. They come with a 30-day comfort guarantee, so there’s no risk to see if you liked them as well as I did. For more info check them out online at harley-davidsonfootwear.com.

Welcome to BrowseMags.com

Welcome to browsemags.com, a place where you can find a great selection of most popular driver’s magazines.

The website is dedicated to those who love driving fast cars and bikes.

All the content is submitted by our readers. Feel free to send us your favorite magazines.