Favorite driver's magazines

"Baggers", December 1, 2012

ICON ONE THOUSAND CHAPTER JACKET

The One Thousand Chapter apparel line is a cut above some of the apparel we’ve tested here at Baggers. Icon has really upped its game with this super-quality gear that Harley riders and sportbike riders can both appreciate. Hell, even the Vespa mods would sport a jacket from Icon’s new One Thousand Chapter line.

If the Icon One Thousand Chapter Shorty Jacket isn’t your bag, Icon offers a line of full-length One Thousand Chapter jackets ($600-$650), such as this beauty here. The One Thousand is constructed from Brazilian cowhide and is available in two unique finishes. The black with red piping and logos (pictured) features a drum-dyed antique matte leather finish, and there’s also a tobacco-colored brown jacket available that features an aniline-dyed natural grain treatment with a hand-applied waxed leather finish. The One Thousand Chapter jacket has undergone two years of design and development before being released in order to bring consumers a top-of-the-line riding jacket still worthy of sporting for a night on the town.

Icon knows its riders are geared for riding hard, the One Thousand’s guts feature full D30 CE-approved impact protectors in the shoulders, elbows and back, and for comfort, a removable quilted satin vest liner is included for when temps heat up or cool down.

After sliding my arms through the One Thousand Chapter jacket’s sleeves, I was immediately fond of its weight. Not too heavy, but just enough weight to where I felt protected should I take a spill on the road. Plus, the armor isn’t too intrusive. It doesn’t inhibit movement and after a while you don’t even know it’s there. After taking a day ride with the jacket on, I was impressed by the airflow through the vents; just enough wind entered in to cool me off without being too cold. My only gripe is that the jacket’s a tad short, which I’m not a huge fan of because I like longer jackets to cover my fat belly so it’s not exposed while riding; however, when I’m simply walking around its length is fine. JM

Welcome to BrowseMags.com

Welcome to browsemags.com, a place where you can find a great selection of most popular driver’s magazines.

The website is dedicated to those who love driving fast cars and bikes.

All the content is submitted by our readers. Feel free to send us your favorite magazines.