Favorite driver's magazines

"Baggers", December 1, 2012

ICON ONE THOUSAND SHORTY JACKET

What up shawty? Okay, now that I’ve got that out of my system, I can speak on the “jacket” at hand. Dubbed the One Thousand Shorty Jacket ($400-$450), I was intrigued when I first peeped this piece of riding gear for a couple reasons. 1: It’s called a jacket but really it’s a shirt. 2: I like the thought of cooler riding apparel during the hot summer temps, but I’m just not much of a vest guy. Actually it wasn’t until I saw the Shorty that I ever thought of wearing something other than a full leather jacket while riding. The jacket is comprised of 1.1-1.3mm premium-grade, black and grey drum-dyed antique finish Brazilian cowhide. I’m not quite sure what all that means, but all I know is when I slipped into the Shorty, I really liked the weight and feel. It was heavy but not overbearing, definitely lighter than a lightweight leather jacket, and the exterior was soft and supple without that stiff feeling new leather often has. It felt tough and rugged like it could hold up to a meet ’n’ greet with the asphalt and not come out looking like it went through a paper shredder. I wore this while riding through triple-digit temps in northern California and the combination of the short sleeves and perforated panels running up the sides really helped. The jacket has two outer zippered pockets and three pockets on the inside for keeping things organized and secure.

Outfitted with a removable D30 Viper CE-certified back protector and designed with a pattern that caters to the movements and riding positions of motorcyclists, I found the Shorty to be extremely comfortable. Icon offers it in either a Branded Black with Icon logos on the sleeves and reflective piping on the back or a Stealth Back with no logos or piping for those that like to run incognito. I guess my only complaint would be that with the short sleeves, the shoulders tend to puff up at speed, but then again I could use the muscle, even if it is fake. EE

Welcome to BrowseMags.com

Welcome to browsemags.com, a place where you can find a great selection of most popular driver’s magazines.

The website is dedicated to those who love driving fast cars and bikes.

All the content is submitted by our readers. Feel free to send us your favorite magazines.