Favorite driver's magazines

Mazda 6

An all-new Skyactiv chassis helps provide hybridlike fuel economy.

The Mazda 6 is still on sale for 2013, but buyer beware: an all-new 2014 model that is more attractive and more fuel-efficient will debut in early 2013. That means supplies of the 2013 car will be fairly limited, especially given that Mazda has stopped producing the 6 at a joint-venture factory in Michigan. Despite all that, the 2013 Mazda 6 remains a very good mid-size sedan. With an imposing presence and upscale looks, the 6’s exterior is as handsome as it is conservative — especially when viewed next to some of this segment’s more flashy entries. Inside, the 6 is highly functional. Options include a blind-spot monitoring system, touch-screen navigation, push-button start, dual-zone automatic climate control, heated front seats, and a backup camera. The spacious rear seats split and fold, giving access to a very large trunk. Under the hood is an optional V-6 engine that’s the biggest in its class. Originally seen in the CX-9 crossover, the 3.7-liter V-6 brutalizes the front wheels with 272 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque, and yet torque steer is commendably well controlled. In reality, the base 6i’s 2.5-liter four-cylinder is powerful enough for most drivers, even if its five-speed automatic transmission isn’t quite as refined as the V-6’s six-speed. The four-cylinder is also available with a six-speed manual, an homage to Mazda’s Zoom-Zoom mantra.

COMPETITORS

Hyundai Sonata

Nissan Altima

Toyota Camry

Volkswagen Passat

new for 2013

The only change is that eighteen-inch wheels become standard on i Touring Plus and i Grand Touring models. The all-new 2014 Mazda 6 is scheduled to go on sale in the U.S. sometime in 2013.

SAFETY EQUIPMENT

Front, side, and side curtain air bags are standard, as are ABS, traction and stability control, and a tire-pressure monitoring system. Blind-spot monitoring is optional.

High Mileage

MPG

CITY 18–22

HWY 27–31

PRO

Roomy and elegant

Good handling and steering

Powerful engines

CON

Improved 2014 version coming soon

Fuel economy trails competitors

Base Price Range: $22,000–$31,000 (est.)

SPECIFICATIONS

DRIVE: Front-wheel

TRIM LEVELS: i Sport, i Touring, i Touring Plus, i Grand Touring, s Grand Touring

BODY STYLE: Sedan, 5-passenger

ENGINES: 2.5L I-4, 170 hp, 167 lb-ft

3.7L V-6, 272 hp, 269 lb-ft

TRANSMISSIONS: 6-speed manual, 5- or 6-speed automatic

PASSENGER VOLUME: 101.9 cu ft

CARGO SPACE: 16.6 cu ft

Welcome to BrowseMags.com

Welcome to browsemags.com, a place where you can find a great selection of most popular driver’s magazines.

The website is dedicated to those who love driving fast cars and bikes.

All the content is submitted by our readers. Feel free to send us your favorite magazines.